Land of the Prophets (Winter 2020 2021)
Land Of The Prophets – Winter 2020 2021
Get up close and personal with the beautiful cultures, iconic antiquities, and inspiring landscapes of Israel, Egypt and Jordan on this heritage journey.
- Tel Aviv: Enjoy a Welcome Drink and mingle with your fellow travel companions to begin your journey.
- Tel Aviv: Participate in a Friday night Shabbat dinner
- Isfiya: Feast on local specialities in a private Druze home and hear about life in the village from one of its residents.
- Jerusalem: Toast the culmination of your travels with a lively Celebration Dinner.
- Jordan: Enjoy complete convenience with all breakfasts and dinners included.
- Amman: Enjoy tasting traditional Jordanian when you visit the Vait Khayra Souf for an authentic style lunch.
- Wadi Rum: Taste authentic Jordanian flavours as you experience a traditional desert dinner when you dine at the Ammarin Bedouin camp.
- Wadi Rum: Enjoy tea with the Bedouins at sunset and taste authentic Jordanian cuisine dine under the stars for your Zarb dinner.
- Cruising: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party, dressed in traditional Egyptian attire.
- Aswan: Follow the footsteps of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie as you enjoy high tea in true colonial English-style at Aswan’s famous Old Cataract Hotel, as the sun begins to set.
- Luxor: Enjoy listening to stories of village life from local bakers when you visit a family home for a tasting of authentic Egyptian sun bread.
- Dining Summary: 24 Breakfasts (B), 10 Lunches (L), 10 Dinners (D) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
- Cairo: With your Egyptologist, gaze upon Tutankhamun’s treasures at the Egyptian Musuem, gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery – all treasures of Tutankhamun.
- Aswan: On-board a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft.
- Amman: Visit the Iraq Al Amir Women’s Association supported by the TreadRight Foundation and engage in one of the many handicraft activities.
Top Rated Highlights
- Tel Aviv: Explore with your Local Expert and see the Habimah National Theatre, Rabin Square and browse around the Carmel Market.
- Jaffa: Visit the ancient port and artists’ quarter and see the famous clock tower and old harbour.
- Caesarea: With your Local Expert, explore the Roman and Crusader ruins of Caesarea, formerly one of the splendid cities in Palestine.
- Nazareth: Visit the Church of the Annunciation built on the site where the angel Gabriel is said to have appeared to Mary.
- Capernaum: Visit the Synagogue where Jesus taught and the Mount of Beatitudes, where he preached the Sermon on the Mount
- Dead Sea: Alongside your Local Expert, ascend to the ancient fortress of Masada by cable car where Jewish Zealots held out for three years against Herod’s armies, before sacrificing themselves.
- Dead Sea: Be sure to take a dip in the famously mineral-rich waters where it’s easy to float.
- Sea of Galilee: Enjoy a morning boat ride at the very place where Jesus is said to have walked on water.
- Sea of Galilee: Your Local Expert will give a brief talk on the history and contemporary life on a Kibbutz.
- Jerusalem: Visit the Garden of Gethsemene and see the Temple Mount, Room of the Last Supper, the Pool of Bethesda and Ecce Homo Arch.
- Jerusalem: Visit the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum.
- Jerusalem: At the Israel Museum, wander to the Shrine of the Book wing housing the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Jerusalem: Accompanied by your Local Expert, walk the Stations of the Cross to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre – site of the Crucifixion.
- Amman: During a city tour of Amman, visit the Citadel, the grand Roman Amphitheatre and the Archaeological Museum.
- Jerash: Feel like you have stepped 2,000 years back in time as your Travel Director guides you through this marvellous ancient metropolis – now the finest surviving example of a Greco-Roman city in the world!
- King’s Way: Take in the beautiful scenery as you travel your way through the mountainous, winding landscape down a roadway that connects some of Jordan’s most spectacular sights.
- Madaba: Guided by your Travel Director, admire the detail of the Madaba Map – a fascinating mosaic that is believed to be the earliest surviving map of the Holy land.
- Mount Nebo: Take in the astounding view of Moses’ Promised Land, where the ruins are truly a site to behold.
- Petra: Explore the ancient and hidden ‘rose-red’ city, as you journey with your Travel Director, through the winding, dark passageway, between rock walls up to 200 metres high. See the Treasury and explore the Roman Amphitheatre and ancient tombs.
- Wadi Rum: Enjoy beautiful desert scenery as you make your way on a jeep safari deep into the heart of Wadi Rum’s majestic desert.
- Shobak: Explore the Crusader fortress and see the Crusader chapel.
- Cairo: Enjoy sightseeing including sweeping views over the city from the Citadel and a visit to the Great Alabaster Mosque.
- Giza: Be mesmerised by the Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man, as your Egyptologist explains the significance behind it. Walk the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, see the of Rameses II and the Hypostyle Hall.
- Luxor: Visit Luxor Temple.
- Dendera: At the Temple of Hathor, see a rare depiction of Cleopatra and Caesarian.
- Edfu: Visit the only temple in Egypt that is dedicated to two gods.
- Aswan: See Aswan’s High Dam and ponder why the Unfinished Obelisk has been left in mid-creation for thousands…
Welcome to Tel Aviv.
Exploring Vibrant Tel Aviv.
Caesarea to Galilee.
To the Dead Sea.
Masada and the Holy City of Jerusalem.
Optional Bethlehem Experience and Jerusalem.
from Jerusalem to Amman.
Exploring Amman and Jerash.
Madaba, Mount Nebo and on to Petra.
Exploring the Lost City of Petra.
Wadi Rum with the Bedouin.
Shobak and Amman.
Arrive in Cairo.
Fly to Luxor, Cruise the Nile.
Exploring Dendera and Edfu.
Edfu to Aswan.
Aswan’s High Dam & Temple of Isis.
Feluccas and High Tea.
Free time and on to Kom Ombo.
Cruising the Nile to Luxor.
Explore Luxor and fly to Cairo.
Cairo and the Pyramids of Giza.